We are committed to equality
We are helping to create a successful economy in Northern Ireland which provides equal opportunities for all citizens. We strive to meet our responsibilities across the spectrum of government policy relating to equality, the Lifetime Opportunities - Anti-Poverty and Social Inclusion Strategy and human rights.
Section 75 of the Northern Ireland Act 1998
Invest NI complies with Section 75 of the Northern Ireland Act 1998.
This requires us to work in accordance with the principles of equality of opportunity between:
- Men and women generally
- Persons with a disability and persons without
- Persons with dependants and persons without
- Persons of different religious belief, political opinion, racial group, age, marital status or sexual orientation
The Invest Northern Ireland equality scheme is available in alternative formats including:
- Braille, disk and audio cassette.
- Minority languages.
Please note that public consultation on the following policies is now open. Comments should be submitted to the Equality Manager via the contact details below by 21st December 2020.
- Business and Financial Planning Grant policy (PDF)
- Digital Selling Capability Grant Scheme policy (PDF)
- Energy Efficiency Capital Grant Scheme policy (PDF)
- Home Office Support Scheme policy (PDF)
- HQ Medical Questionnaire policy (PDF)
- Music Strategy policy (PDF)
- Northern Ireland Aerospace Customer Diversification Programme policy (PDF)
- Business and Financial Planning Grant Rural Needs Impact Assessment (PDF)
- Digital Selling Capability Grant Scheme Rural Needs Impact Assessment (PDF)
- Energy Efficiency Capital Grant Scheme Rural Needs Impact Assessment (PDF)
- Northern Ireland Aerospace Customer Diversification Programme Rural Needs Impact Assessment (PDF)
Invest NI has now completed its Disability Action Plan for the period 2020-2024 and has carried out a public consultation to help inform and improve it. The Plan will shape the direction of our work and the services we provide to people with disabilities. You can view the plan here.
If you need any of these documents, including applications for support, in another format such as Braille, disk, audio cassette or in a minority language, please complete a contact enquiry form or contact the Equality Unit for more details.
T: 028 9069 8390 or 028 9069 8273
Textphone: 028 9069 8585
Text relay: 18001 02890 698273
We have completed equality impact assessments (EQIAs) on our key programmes and strategies. You can view all Invest NI EQIA reports within the Publications A-Z section.