Manage business energy and waste

Increase competitiveness through energy and resource efficiency

Adopting new or improved energy and resource efficiency practices within your business can help reduce costs, increase productivity and deliver significant environmental benefits. 

We provide tailored energy and resource efficiency advice, support and funding to help your business operate more efficiently and minimise waste. 

Our support includes:

  • Technical consultancy for bespoke resource planning and recommendations 
  • A resource matching service to manage waste and reduce costs 
  • Investment funding for resource efficient equipment

Technical Consultancy

Our technical consultancy support can help your business identify areas for increased efficiency and cost savings. We provide specialist support to complete bespoke projects such as technical audits and feasibility studies.

This support will allow you to make informed decisions on potential energy and resource efficiency investments and ultimately improve business operations. 

Technical Consultancy is available to all businesses with an annual energy and resource spend in excess of £30k.

Find out more about Virtual Energy and Resource Consultancy support

Contact us and we can explore options for your business together.

Resource Matching

Our Resource Matching service offers opportunities to convert redundant materials of one business into a resource for another – both adding value and reducing business costs for all parties.

As well as benefiting from cost savings and productivity improvements, this service allows businesses to prolong the life of resources whilst reducing your carbon footprint. 

Find out more about our Resource Matching Service.

Contact us and we can explore options for your business together.

Resource Efficiency Capital Grant

We can provide investment support of up to £40k to help you invest in resource efficient equipment that will drive productivity in your business. This applies to any project that will reduce the consumption of water, raw materials or waste production. 

The rate of support is based on company size (a maximum of 10% of total eligible project costs for large businesses, 20% for medium and 30% for small and micro). We operate at least one competitive grant call a year. 

This support is open to Invest NI customers only. 

We operate competitive grant calls at least once a year. If you are interested in this support contact us for further advice and information. 

Animation - How Invest Northern Ireland's Energy & Efficiency team can help you

Resource efficiency guides

We have produced a series of best practice resource efficiency guides on topics including biomass, lighting, packing, waste minimisation and water efficiency to name a few.

Not sure that this support is right for you? Contact us and we can explore options for your business together.

Our support may be subject to some eligibility criteria.

You may also be interested in...

  • Svnchronisation

    Horizon 2020

    Access the biggest EU Research and Innovation programme ever.

  • Cog

    Industrial Symbiosis service

    Turn your business waste into a resource.

  • Svnchronisation

    Technical Advice

    Our technical experts can provide specialist support.

Contact our
Business support team

0800 181 4422


Send us an enquiry

For information on how we use your personal data including your rights, see our privacy notice.
Coronavirus promo image

Coronavirus business support

Claim pack

Claim pack